The Inside Edge
The latest UK house price index statistics produced by Communities and Local Government were released on Tuesday 12 August 2008.
The latest statistics release includes data based on mortgage completions during the month of June 2008.
The key points from the release are:
- UK house prices were 0.6 per cent higher than in June 2007.
- The mix-adjusted average house price in the UK stood at £215,029 in June 2008
- UK house prices fell by 1.1 per cent in the quarter ending June 2008. This compares with a fall of 0.1 per cent for the quarter ending March 2008.
- By country annual house price growth was highest in Scotland (+5.7 per cent) and lowest in Northern Ireland (-9.4 per cent).
- Annual house prices fell by 1.0 per cent in Wales, and rose by 0.5 per cent in England.
To read the full report click here.