Comparison of Online Estate Agents
The report looks at a number of factors such as the amount of website visitors, number of houses for sale (clients), and quality of website – as well as factors more relevant to consumers such as the year established, what services they offer and a comparison of their prices.
As far as we are aware there is no other public source comparing these companies and so we have made our report available here in the hope that it will be of use to the industry and, through further articles and discussion, to the consumer.
Download ‘A comparison of online estate agents’
- Only 1/3 of ‘online estate agents’ are members of the National Association of Estate Agents (NAEA)
- Ex-For Sale by Owner (FSBO) websites top the list of Online Estate Agents’ websites for many measures
- The Tesco isold.com website receives the second highest website traffic of online EAs (according to Alexa)
- Traditional Agents are staying on the High street – only 3 of the 22 online agents are part of a traditional agency
- Online Estate Agents generally charge a fixed fee as opposed to commission as a percentage of the house sale
Online Estate Agents’ websites ranked by Website Grader score
For a full explanation and analysis of online estate agents’ websites please download the full report.